Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blogging from the Heart Hospital

This post is being brought to you courtesy of the public Internet terminal at the Heart Hospital.

I took off this morning for my ride up to Sioux Falls to spend the weekend at the hospital with my Mom, who by the way is doing EXCELLENT. I met up with Biking Brady and Cindy L. who were on there way to the Tri-County Tour ride. This worked out great as I had some company for the first 25 miles or so. It was a nice morning for a ride, but as we headed out we noticed a few rain/storm clouds brewing. After I split from my two fellow rollers, I picked up my speed to try to get ahead of the rain clouds, it didn't work. I rode in a steady rain for a little over an hour. When I got to Lennox I stopped to ring out my socks and gloves as the rain had pretty much stopped. I rolled out of Lennox and about 4 miles out of town I flatted. I quickly fixed my flat and continued on. The rest of the ride was uneventful until I was a 1/2 mile from the hospital when guess what, I flatted again. When I fixed the first flat I had noticed a pretty good gash in the sidewall, but since I only had a tube with me I didn't have much of a choice but to cross my fingers and soldier on. Tomorrow I will be putting on a whole new tire, I'm glad it held up as far as it did. I'm pretty happy about the ride even with the 2 flats and getting soaked, 59 miles at a 16.8 mph average.

Later

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you have had quite a week. Glad to hear your Mom is doing better and you got some bike therapy in! Looking forward to the MS ride!!