Monday, May 5, 2008

Busy Weekend

Once again the weekend has come and gone and it's back to work. I had a very busy weekend unfortunately there was no riding involved.


Friday I got off work about 2:00 P.M. and made my way home and did a bit of house cleaning. We were going to be gone most of the weekend and had a baby-sitter scheduled for Friday night so I tried to pick up the house a bit.


Friday night the Mrs and I were off to her dept banquet. It was a fun night I even got to present a fellowship award (scholarship) to a student. I was given the honor as I'm one of the newest Scottish Rite members in the state of South Dakota. After the banquet it was off to Carey's for some liquid refreshments. I walked in the door of Carey's bar and who was sitting there drinking a beer, none other than NBA star Mike Miller. He is a close friend of one of the Mrs co-workers husband, so anyway now I can say I had a beer with a NBA player.


Saturday it was off to my big sister place in Omaha for a Disney planning session. We discussed and drew up Disney plans for several hours, hopefully having a good plan in place will help eliminate some confusion when we finally get to Disney.


Sunday we made our way home from Omaha and arrived back in Vermillion around noon. After unpacking we planted the rest of our garden. Beans, peas, onions, carrots, sweet corn and pumpkins were planted. This is our first attempt at a garden so hopefully we will see some good results from the work. After garden planting the Mrs took the kids to run up and down Spirit Mound and I stayed home and sat on the lawn mower.


Overall a very busy and tiring weekend, unfortunately looking a the schedule for this week finding time to ride is going to be a challenge, but it will be done. The Mrs has a very busy week finishing up classes for the year and I have several meetings I have promised to attend.


Later

No comments: