Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pedal the Plains; Day 1

Can you say WIND. That pretty much sums it up. I rolled out of Sioux Falls shortly after 7 and covered the first 20 miles in just a tad over an hour. That would be the fastest 20 miles of the day. The rest of the day was spent battling a very stiff head wind. I rolled into Vermillion about 12:45 and considered the century route. The cold beer and shade quickly made my decision easy. Could I have rode the last 25 ? Sure I could have, did I really want to face that wind for another hour, nope. All in all day 1 was fun and it was great to visit with all the riders and bloggers. I'm looking forward to a nice tailwind tomorrow.

Later

3 comments:

thE_kErnEl said...

wish i could have been there. hope you have a fun & safe return trip to sf

CDV said...

It was a great time, sorry you had to miss it.

Tez said...

Great to get to meet you guys and have some fun! The weather was nasty but I still had a good time! Maybe we will see you guys for teh Margarita ride or if you come up for the crit races!