Friday, August 29, 2008

10 Years

Today the Mrs. and I have been married for 10 years. It really doesn't seem like that long, but time does fly. I'm one lucky dude to have her and am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with her as well.


Just to give you an idea of how lucky I am here is a list of my anniversary presents from the Mrs.
- Pearl Izumi Thermal arm warmers,
- Pearl Izumi Thermal leg warmers,
- Pearl Izumi Attack bib shorts,
- Carmichael Training DVD; AND
- a Gut-Check training aid which she spent hours on, making herself.


The Gut-Check training aid is really cool, it has places to put: average speed, hours ridden, miles ridden and time spent lifting weights. Each month has a motivational message from people like, Lance Armstrong, Greg LeMond and Vince Lombardi. It should be a real help to keep me on the right track for training. Not to mentioned this last week if I haven't been on the bike she will ask me very kindly "aren't you going to ride today", which is all I need to hear to get my butt in the saddle.


Did I mention how lucky I am to be married to her.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the both of you!
You are a lucky man indeed.

bikingbrady said...

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs CDV!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! What great anniversary gifts! So I hope her gift was just as awesome, remember diamonds are forever!

bikingbrady said...

I looked it up and 10 years is "tin". I haven't taken my recyclables to the center yet so I'll bring them over later for you.

Ham(m)er said...

Yay, happy anniversary!!! HAving a coach to scold a person to get their butt out the door is wonderful. :D Cheers to a long and healthy life together!

Tez said...

Congrats Mr & Mrs CDV! Sounds like both of you are truly blessed! I hope you didn't surprise her with a PBR cake!

thE_kErnEl said...

This comment is to congratulate Mrs. CDV! Happy Anniversary!!!

SD_pedalpower said...

Dude and Dudette,

congrats.

-DW

DIRK said...

10 years! You're just getting started. I will soon have my wife trained to send me out on my bike. You are one lucky dude!

Anonymous said...

always great to have a wife who supports you in your hobby. congrats on your 10 years and many more