Thursday, January 31, 2008

Learning Curve

Since I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world this blog has already been a learning experience. I wanted to add a local forecast to my blog and little did I know I would be messing around with it for 45 minutes before I found one I liked and one I could get to work, but as you can see I was successful.

As I promised to myself the trainer riding starts tomorrow so tonight I will be getting everything set to go. Air the tires, lube the chain, get cloths ready, fan ready, and TV set to go. I find if I get everything done before hand I tend to not make excuses not to ride the cursed thing. I know the trainer makes me stronger but I really do detest riding it. I don't know if it's the boredom factor or what, but I would sooner ride outside in almost any conditions than ride on the trainer. So you ask why not ride outside now? Well since I work full time and light is very limited after work I really don't have the time in the morning or after work to get a decent ride in. I do plan on riding outside this weekend. The forecast is 30 degrees on Saturday so I think a 20 to 30 miler is in order.

Later

3 comments:

Doug said...

One word...Lights!

CDV said...

I do have a light just haven't gotten used to fully trusting how far I can see with it. I know the answer buy a better light, but then my wife would kill me, so for as much as I would use I don't know if it's worth the investment.

Doug said...

A good light isn't just so you can see, it's so other users on the road can see you. My main light is a Princeton Tec Eos used with rechargeable batteries. A very bright light for $33. That won't break the bank.

http://www.amazon.com/Princeton-Tec-Eos-Bike-Light/
dp/B000BIWN8I